Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sunshine Bath Time

Today my 7 minute round trip walk to the post office turned into a nearly 30 minute jaunt. My plan was to leave by the back of the building to dispose of the week's garbage before continuing on the the normal, direct route up Main Street and up a block more to the post office. But the sun!! Warmth!! There is nothing like the need to unbutton your coat in the middle of winter because spring is finally tring to creep up, even if it is still weeks away. It was wonderful to soak in the sunshine as I walked along listening to the birds. Once I had to laugh….I looked to my left and caught sight of a huge field behind the row of houses. It is easy to forget how close I am to the “edge of town” when “town” consists of one main street and 3 stoplights!




I found myself thinking about my trip to Bath a few years ago. Through a series of events that made sense at the time, I spent a day wandering around Bath, England, alone. I arrived by train early, even before most shops were open. It was March: cool and drizzly. But as the morning wore on, the sun came out brilliantly and I spend a few hours window shopping and church hopping before settling down at a picnic bench next to the River Avon to catch up on postcards.

I live for moments like these…perfect contentment, control, peace and freedom. The sun makes everything better.

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Bath was one of my favorite visits when I was in England. I loved the honey-colored buildings, and I felt like I should see Mr. Darcy come out around the corner.

Loving your blog! Thanks for sharing!

victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

The bath is a beautiful place to visit. The architecture and buildings are so wonderful. The weather is also pleasant and nice..