Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Future is Here

It was a long weekend of self-reflection, inspiration, and decision making. Nothing changes if nothing changes, as they say. So what needs to change? And why?

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
                                                            ~ Henry David Thoreau

So what are my dreams? What am I moving towards it? It is a goal, or a wish? Where will I be in a year or five or ten if I don’t change anything I’m doing now? It seems like a rather daunting thing to begin to worry about, but truthfully, why wait to think about it? The longer I wait, the longer it will be until I’m my very best self. I’ve been thinking about why I want to work on myself. My self esteem is a big part of it. I don’t want to be constantly bombarded by thoughts of self doubt, loneliness, disappointment, and stress. There is so much good in me, but I can’t notice it because I am habitually focusing on all these negatives. For now, the knowledge that a happier, more confident woman of strength is in my future is enough for me to push forward!

Today is a good day.

Moving along...the wedding!! It was a productive week. We sent out the straggling invites and have begun to get them back. I planned out about 80% of the music for the ceremony and got some of the decor for the church and reception hall ordered. Worked on the honeymoon a bit, too. Things are falling into place and little by little the list is getting shorter. Thank goodness for my Man. He’s helping. J

AND…..Here is something for the wish list!! J

No comments: