Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuna Casserole and Lucky Mag


It is my own fault, really. Reverting back to my old guilty pleasure, I ordered "Lucky Magazine" a few weeks ago and stayed up way to late last night reading it cover to cover. This morning I dressed in jeans and a long sleeved T-shirt to make Tuna Casserole and entertain Lacey (Landon's Sister) and her kids. It was a fun afternoon, and I glad they came over.

After they went home, plans began for this evening. The dilemma…what do you wear to a hockey game when you'll be in box seats with your boyfriend's co-workers and a company who is trying to impress them? One broken necklace, several hair styles, and an embarrassing large pile of clothes later, it was obvious.

I have nothing to wear.

For the last year I have survived with three pairs of pants and a stack of T-shirts and sweaters. Missionary life in Honduras didn't require too much fashion thinking.

A year before when I realized I was going to do missionary work, I stopped buying clothes. Why spend money on things that would sit in a box going out of style, right?

And now….Boo. Nothing to wear. No matter how many stained T-shirts you layer, they still don't look cure.
And my mind is full of lots of ideas from Lucky on what I COULD be wearing, but CAN'T. Boooo.

Where do you shop for cute stuff in the middle of the Ohioan Countryside? Tricky.

Now I'm dressing a dissatisfying cute basic mix. Scrunchy necked fuchsia top, jean, black cardigan, cute scarf. And dreams of shopping and tuna casserole leftovers.

Go Blue Jackets! ;)

No comments: