We are well into the renovation, so I thought I would post a few pictures of the work we have done so far. Day 1 we took our first load to the house....cleaning supplies!
We ripped out all the carpets in the whole house....Here Landon is removing carpet from the Dining Room. We also removed it from the enter living room, the mudroom, and the master bedroom.
This poor floor. You can see the pet stains that we found under the carpet.
I'm learning all sorts of things! Here I am using power tools. :) We took down parts of these half walls to open up the dining room. It will make the area feel bigger and less dated.
Once the carpet was up, we had to remove hundreds of nails & staples from the floors. The previous owners really didn't want the carpet moving anywhere! Luckily, we had lots of help! It took days....
With help from Landon's Dad & uncle, we started working outside. Here is one of the huge bushes we had to rip out...this one was growing over the septic!
We sanded and sanded and sanded...
And sanded some more.
And found a Carpenter ant colony in the corner of the house.
We'll be working on that. :)