Friday, April 22, 2011

Remember

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas,
never returns to its original size."
                                     ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes 
I  began the day with the Good Friday service at St. Pat's. I love this time of year....it is a good time to be Catholic and to think about why I have allowed being Catholic to shape my life.  However, I can't help but feel a tinge of regret year after year, knowing the many opprotunities I have missed through this holy season. So after the service God and I had a little heart to heart in the empty church...what does He want for me.

God had huge plans for me. I know this beyond a doubt just as I beleive He desires amazing things for each of His children!! But He will not force this or any of His Gifts of me or any of his children. He offers them, than wait for me. My move. My Yes, just like Mary.

I hope that I, that all of us, won't miss the point of Lent. To just go back to our former habits, thankful that we can eat candy or watch TV or whatever it was we gave up. Instead, let us live as Resuraection people through this next phase of the church year...and of our live. What bad habits still need changed? What good habits can be imporved on? What can we do to let our "yes" to God resound even louder.

Happy Good Friday....Happy future.


Yet it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured,
While we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins,
Upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole,
by his stripes we were healed. 
We had all gone astray like sheep, each following his own way;
But the LORD laid upon him the guilt of us all. 
                                                     ~ Isaiah 53: 4-6

No comments: